Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Just got back from Madison!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This was my 4th time to go to the sale--3rd time as a volunteer, 2nd time as an official volunteer, 1st time to work in the main sale room.

    I say all of that to say that this was my first time to experience quite a unique experience......

    It was SO hot and humid that the polished cement floor started to sweat, particularly in the area between Samantha and Kirsten. I'm sure that the thousands of sweating bodies crowded in there added to the heat and the humidity in the room. In any case, the floor got wet from all the humidity, and the dampness mixed with the fine dust that is always in that warehouse, creating a very fine, very slippery kind of MUD. The effect was that it seemed like someone had poured out some oil on the floor. It was so bad that the people in charge put down some cardboard to help soak up the moisture, and to make it less slick for the people. They also opened a few more of the loading dock doors, to let in more air. And then the customers dragged all their huge, heavy bags through this dust-humidity "mud", wiping it all up. So the floors were much cleaner today! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    But I had never seen a floor sweat and get slippery like that before!
    Joy

  2. #12
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I did pretty well myself [img]smile.gif[/img] I got Samantha's trunk, Kit's Bed, the yellow trundle bed (I've always wanted that), Kaya's teepee, AGOT 21, plus a bunch of retired AGOT outfits, Samantha and Molly's dolls, Samantha's duster...I think that's everything, but I got almost everything I wanted. I considered grabbing Kailey, but I already have her and I couldn't live with the thought of selling her, so I left her there, lol. I also got Felicity for a friend, and they were ALL in the Rose Garden dress.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I "FEEL" like I just got back. Actually, it was 3:30 am Monday morning Eastern time! It was a long, but worthwhile trip, not sure if we'll ever make it back up (very long drive, especially with Chicago traffic), but my "roomies" were lots of fun and I did get some terrific bargains for Diana and I. Now I just hope I can hang on to most of them, as I kinda broke the bank on this little excursion to Wisconsin!

    Laurie

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got back from Madison and I got everything I really wanted!!

    I got Kit's table and chairs $30
    2 extra chairs for $10 each
    Kit's desk $45
    Addy's desk $45
    Kirsten for my MIL $50
    Josefina's table and chairs $15
    Kirsten's slate bag, dishes $8-10?

    I also got some odds and ends little things for a couple of bucks, and lots of great books for $1.

    I had a 9:15 ticket and got in during the craziest mad-rush they had. I think most of the 7:00 people and everyone after them were still in there so it was very crowded and hot, but still fun.

    At 9:15 most of the doll clothes were gone- except for a few outfits that they had tons of, so I didn't end up getting any of those, (I had a chance at 3 different Kit outfits, but already had them, and one outfit for Sam or Kaya).

    Anyway- it was fun and exciting, but I really feel like I got everything my girls wanted, so I don't plan on going back next year. Hope the rest of you have fun!

    Jo

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 18, 2005 12:57 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good for you Meyergirl. There are a glut of Kailey's on ebay right now, insane asking prices. I can understand wanting to make a little extra cash, but why buy something like that at MCM when there are ppl who just want to take her home???

    It would be totally different to buy an extra LE while it's current to sell on ebay.

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dianasmama:
    It was a long, but worthwhile trip, not sure if we'll ever make it back up (very long drive, especially with Chicago traffic...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh pretty, pretty please? Just one more time? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

    When we unloaded all of the stuff in our van (not too much [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ) DH was so glad to see how much was not mine, he didn't even get upset when I told him how much I spent! He still thinks I don't want to go next year, why spoil his moment of happiness? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I really can't decide what I am most excited about! We had no idea what we would find at the sale since it's only our first trip. It was very exciting and I'm thrilled with my purchases. It's going to be great next year for birthdays/Christmas/Easter/Groundhog Day... [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •